- cipher e/ dreams (2017)
- Almost X (2016)
- Sunrise Highway (2015)
- Particle Theory (2014)
- transient lines (2013)
- still echoes (2013)
- Reflected: 10×10 (2002-2012)
- :^D (2011)
- Hola, Sayulita! (2010)
- Goodbye Monday Blue (2009)
- Goodbye Monday #Bsides (2009)
- Stay Home v. The Love Shoppings (2007)
- Windfall (2004)
[twitter] latestMy Tweets
- [img] “Careful,” a soft voiced young woman walking north on Lankershim Blvd admonished in passing, fixing her gaze on me as we crossed paths. “I spilled my blueberries down the street by the death wish.”
- [img] It’s a letdown to see this in Southern California, but I get that “Keep on keepin’ on, man,” didn’t fit on the sign.
- Brooklyn Apt
- [img] serenity takes a coastal canyon ridge walk ancient lines still remain to see beyond the horizon
- [img] pet rock w/ @catmthomas
- [img] Gaia sent Scorpius to sting and kill Orion, a hunter who threatened to kill all the animals on Earth. Eternal enemies, Orion and Scorpius are never in the same sky. As a Scorpio, I’d like to think Orion is always guarding me, but he’s actually on guard for me. Still, fav stars.
- [img] There’s no such thing as slowing down speed is only how far you feel you’re gone in time
- [img] A ~50-year-old bougainvillea, reaching 30+ feet to the sky, dominates our cottage front, where the stairs from the street wind around its base. In this flora-friendly climate, it enjoys life in perpetual bloom, which, in the end, seems all we desire in love. Happy Valentines Day.
- [img] Where New York City’s dream is a state of mind, California’s is a state of place. Both dreams offer a sense of vindication, as if to wake up in either justifies waking up at all. NYC offers chaos on bedrock, though, where CA offers calm on shifting ground. Go figure.
- [img] Jackie Gleason “Our dreams are firsthand creations, rather than residues of waking life. We have the capacity for infinite creativity; at least while dreaming, we partake of the power of the Spirit, the infinite Godhead that creates the cosmos.”
- [img] “All the vampires, walkin’ through the Valley…”
- [img] Drinking and driving is deadly, and up here, so is drinking and diving down to the wine cellar for another bottle.
- 2018 (38)
- 2017 (152)
- 2016 (195)
- 2015 (190)
- 2014 (365)
- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (52)
- 2011 (36)
- 2010 (25)
- 2009 (30)
- 2008 (9)
- 2007 (25)
- 2006 (2)
- 2005 (9)
- 2004 (15)
Tag Archives: vine
“FlushNet goes online in ’97. Human decisions are removed from septic defense. FlushNet learns & becomes self-aware at 10:14p, 02 Aug 14.”
[2 storms, 2 weeks apart, alt side parking suspended so foreground pickup truck didn’t have to move]
Sounds + Visuals:
Kitchen faucet, full throttle cold water, moved across drain.
Robert Fripp “Easter Sunday” SoundPage (from Guitar Player Magazine, Jan 1986), alternated with Karl Johnson cut-paper silhouette of my wife, Cat, with me drone-humming.
Sunset view over perched dog, Sterling, out my front apt window, Brooklyn LGBT Pride Parade/Festival one-half block away on 5th Avenue.
For this project, you will create three six-second Vine videos, for a total of 18 seconds, resulting in a Vine suite. Each movement will be based on a specified sound source and a specified approach to the stop-and-start edits.
The audio-video source for the first movement is water running steadily from a faucet.
Start with an image of something that rotates and makes sound — a bicycle wheel may be your best bet — and alternate with an image of something static, like a picture of a face in a comic strip, while you make a low droning noise with your voice.
The audio-video source for the third movement is whatever is going on outside a window. Divide the track up into six even sections. The first section should be a wide view out your window. The five subsequent sections should try to focus the center of the camera on one object. The sound is whatever happens to be going on outside your window.
More on this 75th Disquiet Junto project, in which a three-part audio-video suite is created in the app Vine, at:
More on the Vine app at:
More details on the Disquiet Junto at: