Photography + Film
- Stripped State: Laurel Canyon Recordings (2018)
- cipher e/ dreams (2017)
- Almost X (2016)
- Sunrise Highway (2015)
- Particle Theory (2014)
- transient lines (2013)
- still echoes (2013)
- Reflected: 10×10 (2002-2012)
- :^D (2011)
- Hola, Sayulita! (2010)
- Goodbye Monday Blue (2009)
- Goodbye Monday #Bsides (2009)
- Stay Home v. The Love Shoppings (2007)
- Windfall (2004)
- [aired] DaCaLuF.0349: Lonesome Faraway Puerto Perme
- [img] sill chill
- [img] tangerine dream b/w wolverine dream
- [img] “Your love is light..”
- [img] “Johnny is the nice one…”
- [img] i fought the dog and the dog won
- [img] “To live is to fly…”
- [img] “My name! Free condo for me!”
- [img] “Like my mother like makes me do the dishes…”
- [img] saturday city symmetry
- [img] “Look at my stump speech!”
- [aired] DaCaLuF 341 – “Love in This Land”
- 2019 (30)
- 2018 (153)
- 2017 (152)
- 2016 (195)
- 2015 (190)
- 2014 (365)
- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (52)
- 2011 (36)
- 2010 (25)
- 2009 (30)
- 2008 (9)
- 2007 (25)
- 2006 (2)
- 2005 (9)
- 2004 (15)
Tag Archives: vine
“FlushNet goes online in ’97. Human decisions are removed from septic defense. FlushNet learns & becomes self-aware at 10:14p, 02 Aug 14.”
[2 storms, 2 weeks apart, alt side parking suspended so foreground pickup truck didn’t have to move]
Sounds + Visuals:
Kitchen faucet, full throttle cold water, moved across drain.
Robert Fripp “Easter Sunday” SoundPage (from Guitar Player Magazine, Jan 1986), alternated with Karl Johnson cut-paper silhouette of my wife, Cat, with me drone-humming.
Sunset view over perched dog, Sterling, out my front apt window, Brooklyn LGBT Pride Parade/Festival one-half block away on 5th Avenue.
For this project, you will create three six-second Vine videos, for a total of 18 seconds, resulting in a Vine suite. Each movement will be based on a specified sound source and a specified approach to the stop-and-start edits.
The audio-video source for the first movement is water running steadily from a faucet.
Start with an image of something that rotates and makes sound — a bicycle wheel may be your best bet — and alternate with an image of something static, like a picture of a face in a comic strip, while you make a low droning noise with your voice.
The audio-video source for the third movement is whatever is going on outside a window. Divide the track up into six even sections. The first section should be a wide view out your window. The five subsequent sections should try to focus the center of the camera on one object. The sound is whatever happens to be going on outside your window.
More on this 75th Disquiet Junto project, in which a three-part audio-video suite is created in the app Vine, at:
More on the Vine app at:
More details on the Disquiet Junto at: