- cipher e/ dreams (2017)
- Almost X (2016)
- Sunrise Highway (2015)
- Particle Theory (2014)
- transient lines (2013)
- still echoes (2013)
- Reflected: 10×10 (2002-2012)
- :^D (2011)
- Hola, Sayulita! (2010)
- Goodbye Monday Blue (2009)
- Goodbye Monday #Bsides (2009)
- Stay Home v. The Love Shoppings (2007)
- Windfall (2004)
[twitter] latestMy Tweets
- [img] Flim-Flam Flamingo turned to Swanny Swan Swan, pissed. “There’s more,’ you said. ‘Something, beyond this Mt. Olympus party house, beyond the infinity pool edge,’ you said. ‘Let’s float away to destiny…’ Well, Swanny, maybe the pool wasn’t such a bad place!”
- [img] Met The Queen tonight at the former Laurel Canyon home of Ursula Andress. She said, “The one in England’s my double for security purposes.” The crazy thing is me & her Highness are the only cut outs in the photo. // 📷: @catmthomas
- [img] LA’s polychrome spiritual superficiality creates everyday paradoxes. Star maps don’t chart the sky. Freeways offer surge-priced fast lanes. Warnings come with smiles. The absurd is deep, yet blithe.
- [img] eaton canyon wilds
- [img] all the <3 today
- [track] Canyon Bees, Birds, and a Chicken (20180509.1)
- [dispatch] thoughts 20180510.2118
- [aired] Between Stations: Yellow Dog Blues Backstory
- [img] Echium Candicans
- [img] dream state 20180506
- [img] Chuck Walla, the wizard lizard
- [img] dream state 20180504
- 2018 (93)
- 2017 (152)
- 2016 (195)
- 2015 (190)
- 2014 (365)
- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (52)
- 2011 (36)
- 2010 (25)
- 2009 (30)
- 2008 (9)
- 2007 (25)
- 2006 (2)
- 2005 (9)
- 2004 (15)
Tag Archives: vine
“FlushNet goes online in ’97. Human decisions are removed from septic defense. FlushNet learns & becomes self-aware at 10:14p, 02 Aug 14.”
[2 storms, 2 weeks apart, alt side parking suspended so foreground pickup truck didn’t have to move]
Sounds + Visuals:
Kitchen faucet, full throttle cold water, moved across drain.
Robert Fripp “Easter Sunday” SoundPage (from Guitar Player Magazine, Jan 1986), alternated with Karl Johnson cut-paper silhouette of my wife, Cat, with me drone-humming.
Sunset view over perched dog, Sterling, out my front apt window, Brooklyn LGBT Pride Parade/Festival one-half block away on 5th Avenue.
For this project, you will create three six-second Vine videos, for a total of 18 seconds, resulting in a Vine suite. Each movement will be based on a specified sound source and a specified approach to the stop-and-start edits.
The audio-video source for the first movement is water running steadily from a faucet.
Start with an image of something that rotates and makes sound — a bicycle wheel may be your best bet — and alternate with an image of something static, like a picture of a face in a comic strip, while you make a low droning noise with your voice.
The audio-video source for the third movement is whatever is going on outside a window. Divide the track up into six even sections. The first section should be a wide view out your window. The five subsequent sections should try to focus the center of the camera on one object. The sound is whatever happens to be going on outside your window.
More on this 75th Disquiet Junto project, in which a three-part audio-video suite is created in the app Vine, at:
More on the Vine app at:
More details on the Disquiet Junto at: