My wife comes from the South Side of Chicago,
and when she first brought me back in ‘ninety four,
down in the basement of her childhood home
I found an old guitar.
She said “That was my great uncle Bill’s,
“I guess he left it to my dad.
“I remember after Bill lost his Kentucky farm,
that Gibson was all he had.”
“But he said ‘I’m not scared of a changing world
Or losing anything we are
‘Cos I wave hi to distant good times
every time I play that guitar.’ “
For eleven quiet years after Bill passed on,
that L-1, I guess, had waited for me
‘Cos it rang one brilliant chord before the bridge caved in
Just to let me hear what it could be
You got to draw lines
Back through time
To know who you really are
Every note Bill played
Rang again that day
When we picked up that old guitar
So it returned with us to New York.
In the hands of The ‘Moose returned to life.
And the sound that it made again
returned Bill to my angel wife
He said, “I’m not scared of a changing world
or losing anything we are.
I just wave hi to distant good times
every time I play that guitar.”
So I’m not scared of a changing world.
We’ve lost nothing that we are.
‘Cos I hear echoes of distant good times
every time I play that old guitar.
- cipher e/ dreams (2017)
- Almost X (2016)
- Sunrise Highway (2015)
- Particle Theory (2014)
- transient lines (2013)
- still echoes (2013)
- Reflected: 10×10 (2002-2012)
- :^D (2011)
- Hola, Sayulita! (2010)
- Goodbye Monday Blue (2009)
- Goodbye Monday #Bsides (2009)
- Stay Home v. The Love Shoppings (2007)
- Windfall (2004)
[twitter] latestMy Tweets
- [img] sending <3 to LA friends // photo: Runyon Canyon, 2010
- [img] D.R.A.M. “Do you got wifi? / ‘Cause I ain’t got no signal on my phone / We in these Hills and we all alone…” ERYKAH BADU “…did you know I was feeling you? / Forget about your wifi for a second / Put your phone down, please don’t check it…”
- [img] au revoir lundi bleu 
- 2017_11 Mister Visit
- [img] Southern Brooklyn sunset through Southern Rhône white
- Thanks 2007
- [img] sage pumpkin
- [img] Until next time, Mister (day 7/7). Thx to @wrenarthur for letting this guy stay here this week. And to @socialteesnyc, whose intrepid work to rescue dogs saves a ton of love for this world.
- [img] practice buddy [Mister, day 6/7]
- [img] facing friday (Mister, day 6/7)
- [img] half chihuahua and half jack russell w/ a triceratops soul (Mister, day 5/7)
- [img] Leaf Bro. [Mister, day 4/7]
- 2017 (151)
- 2016 (195)
- 2015 (190)
- 2014 (365)
- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (52)
- 2011 (36)
- 2010 (25)
- 2009 (30)
- 2008 (9)
- 2007 (25)
- 2006 (2)
- 2005 (9)
- 2004 (15)