I’m chasing this dream. I’ve got a few chords.
And I’m just riding on the F, back + forth,
Thinking one thought, since I got on.
I think that I’m the only one on this train who realizes what went wrong.
Jolie, I just missed falling in…
Jolie, I just missed falling in…
You sped off in that taxi
Before I said the seventh word
Now I’m afraid you only heard
“Jolie, I just missed falling in…”
She wasn’t looking for a cushion. She’s only got one life.
But she was searching for a softer landing and a peaceful flight.
So she went for a graceful exit before I gave her one that she don’t like.
Now I’m the only one still thinking about it on this endless ride.
When loose bricks fall on quiet sidewalks,
you can hear ’em crash from blocks away.
Without scaffolding they just keep raining down.
She’s still speeding away and I know she still feels lucky to this day.
‘cause you’re always missing the seventh word
- cipher e/ dreams (2017)
- Almost X (2016)
- Sunrise Highway (2015)
- Particle Theory (2014)
- transient lines (2013)
- still echoes (2013)
- Reflected: 10×10 (2002-2012)
- :^D (2011)
- Hola, Sayulita! (2010)
- Goodbye Monday Blue (2009)
- Goodbye Monday #Bsides (2009)
- Stay Home v. The Love Shoppings (2007)
- Windfall (2004)
[twitter] latestMy Tweets
- [img] It’s a letdown to see this in Southern California, but I get that “Keep on keepin’ on, man,” didn’t fit on the sign.
- Brooklyn Apt
- [img] serenity takes a coastal canyon ridge walk ancient lines still remain to see beyond the horizon
- [img] pet rock w/ @catmthomas
- [img] Gaia sent Scorpius to sting and kill Orion, a hunter who threatened to kill all the animals on Earth. Eternal enemies, Orion and Scorpius are never in the same sky. As a Scorpio, I’d like to think Orion is always guarding me, but he’s actually on guard for me. Still, fav stars.
- [img] There’s no such thing as slowing down speed is only how far you feel you’re gone in time
- [img] A ~50-year-old bougainvillea, reaching 30+ feet to the sky, dominates our cottage front, where the stairs from the street wind around its base. In this flora-friendly climate, it enjoys life in perpetual bloom, which, in the end, seems all we desire in love. Happy Valentines Day.
- [img] Where New York City’s dream is a state of mind, California’s is a state of place. Both dreams offer a sense of vindication, as if to wake up in either justifies waking up at all. NYC offers chaos on bedrock, though, where CA offers calm on shifting ground. Go figure.
- [img] Jackie Gleason “Our dreams are firsthand creations, rather than residues of waking life. We have the capacity for infinite creativity; at least while dreaming, we partake of the power of the Spirit, the infinite Godhead that creates the cosmos.”
- [img] “All the vampires, walkin’ through the Valley…”
- [img] Drinking and driving is deadly, and up here, so is drinking and diving down to the wine cellar for another bottle.
- [img] Hollywood “Hills” is a misnomer, because these are mountains. Mid-run today, a random left turn just kept switchbacking, and elevated me 300 feet in 1km. I still marvel that all these Donner Passes are in the middle of a city. That said, it’s LA. Stop running, be eaten.
- 2018 (37)
- 2017 (152)
- 2016 (195)
- 2015 (190)
- 2014 (365)
- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (52)
- 2011 (36)
- 2010 (25)
- 2009 (30)
- 2008 (9)
- 2007 (25)
- 2006 (2)
- 2005 (9)
- 2004 (15)