- cipher e/ dreams (2017)
- Almost X (2016)
- Sunrise Highway (2015)
- Particle Theory (2014)
- transient lines (2013)
- still echoes (2013)
- Reflected: 10×10 (2002-2012)
- :^D (2011)
- Hola, Sayulita! (2010)
- Goodbye Monday Blue (2009)
- Goodbye Monday #Bsides (2009)
- Stay Home v. The Love Shoppings (2007)
- Windfall (2004)
[twitter] latestMy Tweets
- [img] “Great Scott, Westy! Make sure your parents and Cat are nowhere near the Clock Tower when the lightning bolt strikes. 1.21 gigawatts is heavy!” “Doc, I gotta tell you something!” “Not now, Westy. Just make sure your parents meet. Your future depends on it!”
- [img] it’s impossible to desaturate california
- [img] Elusive Road, as mapped by El Goog, is just an echo of the past. Its old concrete slabs degraded beneath my feet, and ended in impenetrable overgrowth on the ridge line. A double-back at the 2K mark of a 5K isn’t such a letdown, tho, when this is the view you get twice.
- [img] The PCH has more in common with its [P]acific than its [H]ighway. Relentless yet frozen, oceans & certain roads are living snapshots of eras, and yet reveal our future. Neon road signs and crashing waves are forms of ephemerality. All is transit. Nothing is [C]oast.
- [img] At Malibu’s 57°F water temperature, you begin to lose dexterity in 10 to 15 minutes without a (or with a faulty) wetsuit. A dawn patrol zipper check by a surfing partner goes way beyond simply ensuring your modesty if you wipe out and get rag dolled.
- [img] What if we could ride all the waves? What if the world was safe for everything we are? What if we could exchange every turn we’ll ever take for one North Star?
- [img] egrets, i’ve never known
- [img] Canyon topography dictates, never submits. Roads narrow as you elevate, and many end w/out warning around blind curves. But where asphalt ends, paths often snake off into the brush under Right-of-Access signs, leading to semi-secret spots that always seem to be expecting you.
- [img] “There’s this store where the creatures meet / I wonder what they do in there…” wrote Jim Morrison in Love Street. The “store” is the Canyon Country Store, and Mr Mojo lived w/ his gf Pam just behind on Rothdell Trail. I’m a 10 min walk, and now a certified creature.
- [img] The east side of Laurel Canyon slopes up to a neighborhood named Mount Olympus, where you can find yourself at the corner of Electra and Jupiter after a left on Apollo off Oceanus. The sun often rises in volcanic splendor over Mount Olympus in LA. Who would’ve thought?
- [img] Jonathan Livingston Chicken lives across from our cottage. Every evening, between 5 and 6, Jonathan escapes his coop, hops on his roadside fence, clucks proud, and flies up an adjacent tree. “I’m a chicken with a hawk soul,” he tells me. “They don’t prey on me.”
- [img] “Silvery teardrops trickling down my windshield…” [Warren Zevon, ‘Steady Rain’]
- 2018 (53)
- 2017 (152)
- 2016 (195)
- 2015 (190)
- 2014 (365)
- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (52)
- 2011 (36)
- 2010 (25)
- 2009 (30)
- 2008 (9)
- 2007 (25)
- 2006 (2)
- 2005 (9)
- 2004 (15)
Monthly Archives: April 2015
A video by Madeleine Gleed “exploring the passion that some people have for Harley Davidsons.”
♫ Let us pass through our perfect park / Pausing on a Sunday ♫ – Sondheim
April 26, 2015 at 12:42PM
| via instagram |
written upon waking…
My wife, Cat, and I, along with our dog, Sterling, are lounging in a tiny apartment, watching television. The apartment is a studio, so we are on a fold up futon/bed. It appears to be 30 or 40 years into the future. The television program seems to have something to do with faking people into eating wax fruit on the street as a joke. The host laughs very loudly and has a catch phrase – “See? People will do anything!”
“This show sucks,” I say to Cat.
“You put it on,” she counters. I nod, hitting the remote and flipping the tv off. Just as I do, Sterling leaps from the futon and begins to chase what looks like a giant hairy brownish-black spider (12-16 inches across, including legs) around the one-room apartment. Cat leaps up, opens the front door and catches Sterling by the collar, almost in one motion.
“Holy crap!” Cat shouts.
As Cat has the door open and dog by the collar, I chase the creature out into the hallway of our apartment building, the walls and ceiling of which are painted an electric red. The floor is white. A cable running along the wall has been chewed through and a section of it is missing. Walking down the hall a bit, I peer underneath a baseboard radiator to find the creature nesting, having built a shelter out of the cabling. It is visibly breathing.
“You and Sterling tired it out,” I say to Cat as I come back into our apartment and shut the door. She looks up from an iPad.
“I looked up the spider,” Cat said. “And it’s not really a spider.”
“Really?” I ask. “Then what?”
“It’s a spidertick. See,” she turns the iPad to me and shows me a picture of exactly what we just chased. “They can suck a small child’s blood dry if they put their mind to it.”
“Jesus,” I say. “Where’s Sterling?”
“Ay yay yay,” Cat says. “He went out into the hall again.”
I return to the hallway to find Sterling napping across from the creature’s nest. “Get out of here,” I tell him. He reluctantly skulks back into our apartment. I shut the door and return to the nest. I have a broom in hand and start poking underneath the radiator at the nest. I pull the broom out as a few hundred baby spiderticks scatter in every direction. Apparently I’ve punctured a mother spidertick, and the babies got released. A few dozen make their way up the broom handle. I fling the broom down and start running back towards my apartment.
file under: cool people / hot clothes
Making of realizado para el shooting de campaña Sping Summer 2015 de Suita Murt
Fotográfo: Nacho Alegre
Modelo: Lindsay Lullman
Director: Albert Burzon
Editor: Santi Vidal i Esplà
Cámara: Galo Bertran
Música: Drifting moon spinning earth – Westy Reflector
A finales de enero transformamos un frío domingo soleado de invierno en un día primaveral, para la sesión de fotos de la colección Bloom SS15.
Lo teníamos todo preparado: una modelo muy especial, un fotógrafo que sin duda sabe captar la esencia Sita Murt/ y el mejor escenario para transportarnos a un día primaveral, en algún lugar de la costa de inspiración mediterránea.
Sin embargo no tuvimos que salir de Barcelona, ya que en los Jardins Mossèn Costa i Llobera, situados en Montjuic, encontramos la personalidad y versatilidad para viajar a un verano, por ejemplo en Cadaqués, gracias a la colección de cactus y palmeras procedentes de climas cálidos, que permitieron a nuestro equipo de escenografía y estilismo, encontrar esos detalles característicos de los microcosmos de los pueblos pesqueros.
Os dejamos algunas imágenes de cómo se hizo y esperamos que os guste el resultado, que podréis ver, muy pronto, en el catálogo de Bloom SS15!
Muchas gracias a todos quienes hicieron posible este día y a ti por confiar en Sita Murt/.
[img] The Kitty Hawk by @catmthomas | Genever, Violette, lemon and sour cherry juices | shake w/ ice | 1 cherry + lemon peel
The Kitty Hawk by @catmthomas | Genever, Violette, lemon and sour cherry juices | shake w/ ice | 1 cherry + lemon peel
April 11, 2015 at 05:46PM
| via instagram |