- cipher e/ dreams (2017)
- Almost X (2016)
- Sunrise Highway (2015)
- Particle Theory (2014)
- transient lines (2013)
- still echoes (2013)
- Reflected: 10×10 (2002-2012)
- :^D (2011)
- Hola, Sayulita! (2010)
- Goodbye Monday Blue (2009)
- Goodbye Monday #Bsides (2009)
- Stay Home v. The Love Shoppings (2007)
- Windfall (2004)
[twitter] latestMy Tweets
- [img] “Great Scott, Westy! Make sure your parents and Cat are nowhere near the Clock Tower when the lightning bolt strikes. 1.21 gigawatts is heavy!” “Doc, I gotta tell you something!” “Not now, Westy. Just make sure your parents meet. Your future depends on it!”
- [img] it’s impossible to desaturate california
- [img] Elusive Road, as mapped by El Goog, is just an echo of the past. Its old concrete slabs degraded beneath my feet, and ended in impenetrable overgrowth on the ridge line. A double-back at the 2K mark of a 5K isn’t such a letdown, tho, when this is the view you get twice.
- [img] The PCH has more in common with its [P]acific than its [H]ighway. Relentless yet frozen, oceans & certain roads are living snapshots of eras, and yet reveal our future. Neon road signs and crashing waves are forms of ephemerality. All is transit. Nothing is [C]oast.
- [img] At Malibu’s 57°F water temperature, you begin to lose dexterity in 10 to 15 minutes without a (or with a faulty) wetsuit. A dawn patrol zipper check by a surfing partner goes way beyond simply ensuring your modesty if you wipe out and get rag dolled.
- [img] What if we could ride all the waves? What if the world was safe for everything we are? What if we could exchange every turn we’ll ever take for one North Star?
- [img] egrets, i’ve never known
- [img] Canyon topography dictates, never submits. Roads narrow as you elevate, and many end w/out warning around blind curves. But where asphalt ends, paths often snake off into the brush under Right-of-Access signs, leading to semi-secret spots that always seem to be expecting you.
- [img] “There’s this store where the creatures meet / I wonder what they do in there…” wrote Jim Morrison in Love Street. The “store” is the Canyon Country Store, and Mr Mojo lived w/ his gf Pam just behind on Rothdell Trail. I’m a 10 min walk, and now a certified creature.
- [img] The east side of Laurel Canyon slopes up to a neighborhood named Mount Olympus, where you can find yourself at the corner of Electra and Jupiter after a left on Apollo off Oceanus. The sun often rises in volcanic splendor over Mount Olympus in LA. Who would’ve thought?
- [img] Jonathan Livingston Chicken lives across from our cottage. Every evening, between 5 and 6, Jonathan escapes his coop, hops on his roadside fence, clucks proud, and flies up an adjacent tree. “I’m a chicken with a hawk soul,” he tells me. “They don’t prey on me.”
- [img] “Silvery teardrops trickling down my windshield…” [Warren Zevon, ‘Steady Rain’]
- 2018 (53)
- 2017 (152)
- 2016 (195)
- 2015 (190)
- 2014 (365)
- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (52)
- 2011 (36)
- 2010 (25)
- 2009 (30)
- 2008 (9)
- 2007 (25)
- 2006 (2)
- 2005 (9)
- 2004 (15)
Monthly Archives: December 2013
A random collision of 8-bar loops created in Propellerhead’s Figure app for iPad, royalty-free vocal and wind-chime samples by Mick Fleetwood and three takes of improvised guitar deconstructions of the Jingle Bells’ phrase “jingle all the way” played live over all of it. Assembled in Acid Pro.
This track is a one-minute, 24 bar section of what has become the intro and outro to my cover of Elvis’s “Blue Christmas.” One day, I may release it.
Tis the season, so we will contribute by creating secular holiday music. Record a one-minute track of loop-able background music that can be described as glistening, reflective, and gentle.
More on this 102nd weekly Disquiet Junto project at:
More details on the Disquiet Junto at:
Recorded Bodum electric kettle at point of boil into Samplr iPad app (2sec and 15sec samples). Raw recordings are stitched & looped and peek through at beginning and end of track.
Processed raw sounds with Samplr, then fed to various effects pedals and stretched a few grains in Paulstretch.
Noise thresholds triggered arpeggios, bass notes and drone swells via effect send/receive on synth pedal.
No sounds used other than boiling water.
iPad, Samplr app, Earthquaker Warden compressor, Diamond Tremolo, tc electronic Flashback Delay, EHX Superego synth engine (send/receive loop: Earthquaker Arpanoid, EHX POG octave generator), Strymon BlueSky reverberator, Paulstretch (standalone Windows), Line6 POD-XT tube preamp modeler, MOTU 828mk2, Sony Acid 7.0, Win XP
“Please record the sound of water boiling and make something of it.”
More on this 100th Disquiet Junto project at:
More details on the Disquiet Junto at: